Please join Grace at the Greenlight for GiveNOLA Day 2017! To donate to Grace at the Greenlight, go to:
Where is your donation going?
- Three Cases of Water – $10
- Grace Care Bag for One Day of Travel – $25
- Grace Care Bag for Two Days of Travel – $50
- Grace Care Bag for Three Days of Travel – $75
- “I’m Going Home” Transportation for One – $200
- “I’m Going Home”, including Grace Care Bag(s) – $250
- Grace’s “Meals with Love” for One Day – $285
- Send Four People Home – $1,000
- Grace’s “Meals with Love” for One Week – $2,000
GiveNOLA Day is a 24-hour event hosted by the Greater New Orleans Foundation to inspire people to give generously to nonprofit organizations that are making our region stronger, creating a thriving community for all. GiveNOLA Day raises money for the community, brings new donors to local nonprofits, and shows that anyone can be a philanthropist.
Grace at The Green Light is hard at work changing the culture of our great city. Every day, it’s our mission to provide care for the people who need it the most. We’ve all seen someone down and out looking for a little hope at the green lights, and as we speed away to our lives, they’re still there.
Of the 369,250 residents of New Orleans, almost 7,000 are homeless and twice that number meet HUD’s definition of homelessness. The lack of affordable housing, domestic violence and disabilities such as mental health/substance abuse contribute to the cycle of chronic homelessness in New Orleans.
Our hope is to provide the essentials to not only help New Orleans homeless, but to show them there are people out there who do care about them.